Monday 16 September 2013

Tuesday, 17th September. 2013 WAIT PATIENTLY

Tuesday, 17th September. 2013

WAIT PATIENTLY

MEMORISE: "I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry." (Psalm 40:1).

READ: 2 Chronicles 20:1-25

There are endless lessons to learn from the life of David. He stood out for one unique quality. In spite of his status, he enjoys praising God even in distress. David understood the CONCEPT OF WAITING. To wait does not mean to relax. A young man who is searching for a future partner is expected to wait patiently, however does not mean he should sit back but rather be sensitive to the voice of God. WAITING means don't fight, don't ask me anything, don't raise any petition, rather acknowledge me, praise me, worship me, thank me for what I have done, what I am doing and what I will do.

David said he waited patiently, meaning that he continued in praising, thanking, worshipping and acknowledging God until He inclined unto him. "......and heard my cry". CRYING does not only denotes bitterness of heart, but signifies the intensity of praises, worship , acknowledgement and thanksgiving offered unto God. "The LORD shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace." (Exodus 14:14). When God asks you to HOLD YOUR PEACE, He is simply telling you to WAIT. In the same vein, the one who is telling you to WAIT has something in mind and that aim is to fight for you. So, when you hear God speak to you in such manner, all you have to do is just to praise him continuously.

In 2 Chronicles 20:1-25, you will see how a little congregation defeated about three nations. HOW? "And when he had consulted with the people, he appointed singers unto the LORD, and that should praise the beauty of holiness, as they went out before the army, and to say, Praise the LORD; for his mercy endureth for ever." (2 Chronicles 20:21). When you pray, God will send angels to deliver blessings to you but when you praise and worship God intensely, in spirit and truth, God arises from His throne and take charge Himself. Take Paul and Silas for an example.

This month, please make sure you praise, worship and thank God all through. I convincingly believe that something beyond human reasoning will locate me and you in Jesus name

ACTION POINT: Separate at least 30mins or 1hr to render quality praises, worship and thanksgiving to GOD ALMIGHTY in this month

No comments:

Post a Comment