Saturday 27 July 2013

E-OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL BY PST EA ADEBOYE

Saturday, 27th July, 2013

SECURE YOUR SALVATION

Memory Verse: Holding forth the word of life;
that I may rejoice in the day of
Christ, that I have not run in
vain, neither laboured in vain.
Philippians 2:16

Read: Philippians 2:12-16

If you are born-again, go further
to receive the baptism of the
Holy Spirit and thereafter, walk
in the Spirit. Do everything
possible to retain the presence of
the Holy Spirit in your life.
Several years ago, I used to
preach to my mother to give her
life to Jesus, but she would tell
me she was among the early
Christians in her village and that
she had been a Christian before
she was married to my father.
Yet, I would ask her: “Are you
really born-again?” When she
could no longer stand the
pressure, she asked me what I
wanted her to do, so I led her to
Christ. After this, I was worried
about the genuineness of her
salvation, so I told God that I
needed to see the evidence of
her conversion especially
because she was advanced in
age; I wanted God to baptise her
with the Holy Spirit before she
dies, so that I can be certain she
is born-again.
During a visit one afternoon,
while praying for God's help so
that she would be baptised with
the Holy Spirit that same day, I
fell asleep. Two of my daughters
visited and met me sleeping, so
they went to ask mama whether
she had been baptised with the
Holy Spirit. They took some time
with her and mama received the
baptism of the Holy Spirit. It was
the noise that woke me. Have
you received the baptism of the
Holy Spirit? If you have, are
members of your nuclear and
extended families saved? If they
are, praise God, but don't stop at
that; help them to receive the
Holy Spirit. Luke 24:49 says,
“And, behold, I send the
promise of my Father upon
you: but tarry ye in the city of
Jerusalem, until ye be endued
with power from on high. ”
The presence of the Holy Spirit
will be a witness of conversion
to Christ as well as make them
witnesses of the power of the
Gospel according to Romans 8:9
and Acts 1:8 . Do not take for
granted that you are saved or
that your loved ones have given
his or her life to Christ, take
further steps to secure that
salvation by having more of the
Spirit of Jesus Christ.

ACTION POINT: If you have not experienced the
baptism of the Holy Ghost, pray
that the Lord will baptise you
with His fire. You can also see
your pastor to pray with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment